How Can We Regain Custody?

Question: Dear Luise: I have a huge question.  can a child stay in a kinship placement with the maternial grand parents if the grand father has a record with dui and weed usage, and Can my child stay in the granparents home which they diss me and my wife all the time in front of the child. and they also curse around my little girl.  i just want my daughter back but it feels like my case worker aint listening to me and lettingthe grandparents do anything and say anything too us.  i really need help and i need it fast all because i dont know what too do and how too handle this sition.  thank you so much. D.

Answer: Dear D.: The “System” often fails to do what it was intended to do. I don’t have the answer because I have no legal training and it is a legal issue.
Many attorney’s do pro-bono work where they charge little or nothing for their legal help. It may take some research and leg work to find one that will help you but that may be what’s needed.

There is a reason your little girl was placed with such unsuitable people. Either they were, at the time that happened, more suitable than you and your wife were or the maternal grandparents misrepresented themselves and probably you.

Good for you for wanting to make this right. Don’t give up. Your daughter deserves a lot better than what she’s getting. Blessings, Luise

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: